NAFSA is hiring!
Update: We are accepting applications for the Fundraiser and Communications Consultant RFP until June 15th.
Freelance Fundraising and Communications Consultant Job Summary
The Native American Food Sovereignty Alliance (NAFSA) is dedicated to restoring, supporting and developing sustainable Native community food systems through best practices and advocacy. NAFSA brings people, communities (rural, remote and urban), organizations and tribal governments together to share, promote and support best practices and policies that enhance dynamic Native food systems that promote holistic wellness, sustainable economic development, education, reestablishment of trade routes, stewardship of land and water resources, peer-to peer mentoring, and multigenerational empowerment. NAFSA works to put the farmers, wild crafters, fishers, hunters, ranchers and eaters at the center of decision-making on policies, strategies and natural resource management. Successfully established as a new inter-tribal organization with a diverse leadership council and a membership base spanning the nation, NAFSA is poised to make a difference in the lives of Indigenous peoples.
NAFSA is seeking a motivated, adaptable, team-oriented fundraising and communications consultant that has experience with non-profit organizations to develop continuing opportunities for our programming.
The Fundraising and Communications Contractor works with the NAFSA’s Leadership Council, Executive Committee, Fundraising and Development Committee, Executive Director, and Coordinators to develop and write grant proposals, explore new fundraising strategies, and strengthen and continue to develop its communications platforms. The Grant Writer is responsible for writing proposals and reports to foundations, government and corporate partners, institutional supporters as well as individual donors; this includes assisting in documenting grant materials and managing grant deadlines. NAFSA is seeking an experienced advancement professional with strong grant writing, fundraising and communication skills and a passionate commitment to the native grassroots food sovereignty movement.
The following include tasks the consultant may participate in:
- Prepares, writes and submits grant proposals and renewals.
- Effectively participate in meetings and discussions that create new program concepts or expansions.
- Craft outstanding proposals that win government (Federal, state and local) and private foundation funding.
- Write reports to funders presenting program performance, operations, and use of award funding.
- Writes grant reports and complies with all reporting requirements.
- Maintains familiarity with the NAFSA’s programs, goals and financial need.
- Works closely with management and Leadership Council to transform ideas into grant proposals; interacts and collaborates with program consultants and coordinators involved in grant funded activities.
- Researches new funding prospects
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- High capacity to work independently and manage time effectively in deadline driven environment.
- Excellent organizational skills; thorough attention to detail; accurate maintenance of records.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Flexibility to work within the needs of our developing Non-profit environment with unique cultural values that meet our mission.
- At least five years experience in grant research, development and writing.
- Experience with multiple software systems, including Google Drive and Microsoft Office.
- Creative thinker, independent worker, and self-starter with the drive to manage multiple projects and to create positive results.
Job Type: Contract
Compensation; commensurate with experience.
- Works satellite from anywhere that has a stable and reliable internet connection and communications systems.
Deadline to submit Application: June 1st, 2018
*Preference given to Indigenous applicants
Web-designers RFP: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qHkY_M4zz9mbxHK2wl6oRPwnvMuKJxpqqYnS1zJE8OA/edit?usp=sharing
Apply by May 1st, 2018
Videographers email your resume to email@example.com by May 1st, 2018.