Position Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Lilian Hill, Executive Director
The Executive Assistant is an at-will, Independent contractor position. Compensation will be determined based on experience and is competitive with similar nonprofit organizations.
The Native American Food Sovereignty Alliance (NAFSA) is a national network of Indigenous leaders dedicated to restoring food systems that support tribal self-determination and community wellness. NAFSA brings together proven strategies with innovative thinking as we support and promote Native Food Sovereignty initiatives that renew and enhance traditional cultural life ways to mentor a new generation of Native Food Sovereignty activists, chefs, farmers, seed-keepers and land stewards.
The Executive Assistant plays an integral role in supporting NAFSA’s Executive Director (ED), the NAFSA Leadership Council, and vital programs. The Executive Assistant will primarily provide ED support, office and project management, and administrative assistance. The Executive Assistant is an at-will, Independent contractor position. Compensation will be determined based on experience and is competitive with similar nonprofit organizations. Add part time offerings here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position supports the ED and is available, if needed, to assist in other areas of NAFSA’s work, including, but not limited to:
- ED Administrative Support (70%)
- Research, Communications, and Outreach Support (20%)
- Financial Management Assistance (5%)
- Special Projects (5%)
We are committed to recruiting candidates of color (Native American preference) and diverse gender expressions. We are seeking an individual who is:
- Committed to our work and Native communities.
- Well-organized and a self-starter who likes to take the initiative.
- Is curious and seeking opportunities to grow and expand their knowledge and skills with a growing organization
- Skilled at managing multiple projects with attention to detail and deadlines
- Comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to changes
Qualifications & Skills:
Successful candidates are: Someone who is from Northern Arizona, preferably Flagstaff and/or surrounding Tribal communities.
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Commitment to professionalism.
- Independent initiative and ability to self-manage workflow and activities
- Upbeat, collaborative work style.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, workload, and stress in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent skills in document production and appearance, including high-level proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use Google Suite (GDocs, Sheets), MS Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor the ED on software and other technical applications.
The candidate possesses openness to and interest in working in a multicultural environment that respects and values diversity among staff, board, clients, and other relationships.
- A minimum of one year of relevant professional experience
- Successful experience managing multiple projects, programs, or initiative
- Fluid and competent with mastering multiple information technologies, e.g., data and knowledge management systems
How You Can Help:
Your gift to Native American Food Sovereignty Alliance (NAFSA) benefits and supports Native communities’ food sovereignty and food security efforts and projects.